Assistant Manager – Hourly + Bonus/Incentives
Join the winning team at Plaza Tire Service! In business since 1963, Plaza Tire Service is a family-owned company with 63 locations across Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky and Arkansas. Last Fall, Plaza Tire Service was named Tire Dealer of the Year by Modern Tire Dealer magazine, a leading publication in the tire industry. We are a growing business and a leader in our industry. Plaza Tire Service is big enough to help you grow in your career, and small enough to care that you do.
We have an immediate opening for an Assistant Manager in the Paducah area.
A friendly, customer-focused attitude is a must for this position. Our customers have choices, and we win their business with a combination of a great selection, low prices, and most importantly, outstanding customer service. As a Plaza Tire Service assistant manager, you will work closely with the store manager to run day-to-day operations. Additionally, you will interact closely with customers who need tires, routine maintenance and other services, providing information to help them make the best decision on products and services for their vehicles.
While previous automotive experience is a plus, it is not a requirement. We will train the right person for the position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Tire sales through description of product features and benefits in relation to customers’ needs
- Automotive service sales and the ability to explain routine maintenance, repairs, benefits, etc. in relation to customers’ needs
- Schedule service work and manage workflow
- Oversee daily store operations under the guidance of the store manager
- Address customer inquiries, concerns, and complaints as determined by store policy; work to solve these issues with goal of reaching the customer’s complete satisfaction
- Receive and verify inventory being transferred from other stores or warehouse
- Accept and learn from feedback from regional supervisor and corporate office
- Ensure facility and equipment is secured during non-operating hours
- In absence of store manager, perform duties of that role as necessary
- Operate the machines and tools related to job responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of three years of work experience in sales, customer service or automotive-related field
- Proven sales record from previous employment
- Strong communication skills as illustrated by past sales success and interview performance
- Ability to explain complex repairs in layman’s terms
Compensation and Benefits
- $13-$18 per hour plus bonus and incentives
- Ongoing training/education
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Employee-employer contributed 401k and more
All applicants are subject to background and drug screenings.